Friday, January 25, 2013

Why the Strange Name?

I've had several people ask why I named the blog The Underground Couponer. The answer - I've been couponing for years in secret!  The only people who knew were my family and the cashier who helped me on grocery day. I wasn't embarrassed to be couponing, I knew it was the right thing for our family's budget. I just didn't want to be labeled as "one of those" couponers!

As I started to come out of the clipping closet, I have received a lot of teasing. But I've also been stopped in a store more times than I can count! People want to know what I"m doing and how I'm doing it. There are those who make a snarky comment as they walk away, but most people genuinely want to know how to save money on groceries.

I'm now toting my binder on all shopping trips, not gritting my teeth any longer that I missed a great deal by leaving it in the car. I'm out in the open!!! Make fun of me all you want - bet my grocery bill is lower!


No comments:

Post a Comment