Friday, February 1, 2013

Are You Ready for the Internet?

It's February 1st - a big day for Internet couponers!  Actually, the first day of any month is a great day for Internet couponing because the major sites resest for the new month. Most online coupons can be printed twice each - if you print in January and they reset, you get two more copies!

Here are some of my favorites:

Coupons.com - the largest and most useful. Coupons change regularly and are for items that I use every week. Each coupon can be printed twice (or if you have more than one computer in the house, twice per computer). The site also has a feature called Savings Club which it will prompt you to join for a fee. Don't do it yet - they offer a promotion a few times a year to join the SC for free. Members get higher value coupons. I joined during a free offer and love it. I've been monitoring this site all day today and there are some fabulous deals posted now!!!!!!!!!

Redplum.com, - most of the same coupons that come in the Sunday insert. If there's one you really like, you can have the paper copies, then print it twice from here.

Smartsource.com - Same as above.

Allyou.com - the online version of the magazine sold exclusively at Wal-Mart. I just picked up the February issue today and it had tons of coupons. It's the only "coupon magazine" that I know about. This website also offers a daily free sample, and samples always arrive at your door bearing coupons!

Now comes the big question - to print or not to print. I'm a printer, but you need to make your own decision. Sometimes coupons have a limited print (10,000 or 20,000) and sometimes they stay up all month. There is no way to predict, so I print!  As a result, I always throw some away which wastes printer ink. I also recommend printing them in color. Some stores won't accept black and white copies. More on that in a minute.

At the risk of sounding like a teacher (hey, I've done that before!) I do have to mention coupon fraud. It's a federal offense, punishable by jail time. Yikes! Ain't nobody got time for that!  Coupon fraud occurs when you photocopy a coupon, try to change the value, try to "get one past the cashier", etc. You must have the intent to commit fraud. That being said, I make coupon mistakes all the time. I just apologize (profusely) to the cashier, make a lame excuse like the cat was sick, and move on.  Believe me, they've all seen coupon fraud, even around here, and know what to look for. As a result of so much fraud being committed, you may also end up with a cashier who will deny a particular Internet coupon because of the way it looks. This is a fight you're not going to win - let it go and be gracious. After all, you're still saving tons on your bill.

All of the major retailers accept Internet coupons - CVS, RiteAid, Martin's, Food Lion, WalMart. Dollar Tree will only accept 2 Internet coupons per transaction and SavALot will not accept them at all.

OK - enough sharing for now. I've got to get back to coupons.com!  Happy hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment